Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011

I have been lying in bed since the early part of November.  On Saturday, I began to feel like I might go crazy.  Instead I decided to go to Walgreen's.  It provided a much-needed break at exactly the right moment.  I am perfectly well, the problem is that our little Sofie has been sick with pneumonia and mono.  She had been sleeping approximately 21 hours a day, and most of those hours wants me lying next to her.  As tired as she is, she is a very light sleeper.  I am convinced someone must have slipped a pea under our princess' mattress.  I keep meaning to check.  Lying here has made me wonder how people on bed rest manage to withstand it, unless they are gravely ill.

She is sleeping a little less now, so I feel like there is some light at the end of the tunnel, and I am glad for that.  Every time she is seriously ill, I wonder and worry if this is it for her.  Her body is weak, but also very strong.  One day, I'll write more about her journey.  In the meantime, I thought I would just start writing.

1 comment:

  1. You are the best mother anyone could ask for. Your strength and dedication to Sofie is to be admired by many.

    Without you, Sofie would have never of made it this far and I know that. It is said completely within her eyes when she looks at you.

    I wish I could understand what you go through day in and day out, but I do not know that I ever will. You always have told me that you knew you would have a child with special needs. God places us all in situations that only he knows we will do best at.

    Sofie has a strength that not many people have. She is truly a miracle and everyday I thank god for her. She will not give up after all she went through some of the most intense things at birth and defied all odds. She will continue to do so. I can promise that I will do everything I can to make sure of that.

    Keep your head up. You always believed in me and I will always believe in you!

    ReplyDelete